Using Brother genuine consumables in Brother printers, Multi-Function Centres (MFCs) and faxes guarantees optimum performance. In the unlikely event of a print quality issue, our customer support team will endeavour to provide a solution. This means that we can provide higher levels of customer satisfaction and therefore offer total peace of mind.
All Brother printer supplies are designed as an entire printing system with Brother printing devices in mind — to provide a superior degree of quality.
To ensure you purchased genuine Brother supplies, we updated the security label on our Brother ink and toner cartridge packaging for easy authentification.
The new Security Label will allow you to personally authenticate the product you purchased as a Brother branded Genuine ink cartridge or toner cartridge. Find out more
Why Genuine Consumables?
We recommend that you only buy genuine Brother inks, toners, drums and photo papers for quality professional prints and peace of mind. All of our consumables are designed as part of an entire printing system and tested to ensure you optimal performance and component protection.
Our extensive experience in the research and development of toner and ink technologies allows us to achieve specifically tailored ink and toner compositions that adhere to the delicate specifications and operational design requirements of your Brother product.
Brother consumables are manufactured to exacting, environmentally-friendly specifications. Brother worldwide is committed to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and by these controls we ensure that quality and reliability are built into every consumable and machine we manufacture.
More than performance…safeguard your investment
Given that non-genuine ink and toner manufacturers are not given the intricate details of the manufacturing process of Brother printers, MFCs and the Brother-specific technology behind these products, they are not able to ensure the consumables produced are suited for Brother machines.
For instance, problems may arise when non-genuine consumables are inserted into units that require a vacuum sealed, leak-free container holding a specifically formulated toner or ink. If such specifications are not met by the non-genuine consumable, ink is free to spill out into the machine, degrading the mechanisms and circuit boards.
The potential downstream effects and costs associated with using third party products may be substantial. Not only can you be inconvenienced and your Printer or MFC suffer possible, irreversible damage; but the subsequent cost to repair or replace your machine may end up being borne by you, the consumer.
Third Party consumables should have their own warranty as Brother's machine warranty may not cover any damages arising from the use of non-genuine consumables. If your Printer or MFC contains third party consumables, and you have reason to suspect that these consumables are either defective or have caused defects in your machine, you should first approach the supplier of these consumables to provide a remedy.
Furthermore, some guarantees provided by third party consumable providers may not in fact cover all the damages that could potentially be caused by their products.
If you do not get a satisfactory resolution, then you are welcome to contact Brother.
By using only genuine Brother consumables, you increase your machines’ life span, performance and save on potentially costly repairs.
Non-genuine or third party consumables may take the following forms:
- A counterfeit toner or ink cartridge, where the entire unit and ink/toner has been manufactured by a third party and may be in breach of copyright;
- Clone or imitation toners/ink cartridges that approximate the genuine item in appearance and whose contents are generic. These may be passed off as a genuine original Brother consumables or remain unidentified;
- Refilled toner/ink cartridges, where an empty Brother cartridge has been refilled with generic material.
Some of the problems users of non-genuine consumables may experience include:
For Inkjet products:
- Refilling empty Brother ink cartridges may damage the print head and/or cause ink leakage. Any air and contaminants introduced into the ink chamber during refill can clog and damage the print head.
- Brother inks are specifically formulated to work with Brother inkjet MFCs for best results. Using non-genuine inks may cause poor colour reproduction, washed-out colours, and missing dot replacements. The richness, longevity and quality of the printout could also be compromised.
- Without the same level of quality control, the fluidity of non-genuine inks may not be suitable for your machine. Leakage may occur if the ink is too fluid, or blockage if it’s too viscous.
For Laser products:
- Non-genuine toners may not have been developed with anti-clogging qualities. Without these, the toner may flow onto the drum surface during printing and this may cause damage to the drum unit.
- They may also affect character formation and how characters fuse to the paper
How can I save colour ink to maximise my monochrome prints?
- When printing monochrome documents, change your computer’s printing preferences from Colour to Mono/Greyscale. This configures the printer to use only the black ink cartridge and avoids unnecessary colour ink consumption.
- To save even more ink, set the Quality settings to Normal or Fast resolution instead of Fine mode.
How can I maximise toner usage?
- Turn on the Toner Save Mode under your printer settings to minimise running costs by reducing the amount of toner used.
- This increases the page yield per cartridge and translates to maximum toner efficiency and cost-effectiveness for all your draft printing purposes